Saturday, 08 January 2011 10:24
What is VEP Community Association?
What does "VEP" stand for? How did we get that odd name?
Well, "VEP" represents the first three letters of our original subdivision names here in 1969:
V = Vistapark;
E = Encore (and Echo Valley); and
P = Parkview Valley.
We've grown over the years to include the Blossom Heights subdivision and many others. But the original name VEP stuck, and we've been known by it for 37 years. (Some like to think of us as Very Energetic People.)
- VEP is an all-volunteer organization of your neighbors working to improve our neighborhoods; VEP is our community’s “homeowner’s association”.
- VEP volunteers participate in a variety of activities, all of which originate in and benefit our neighborhoods.
- VEP volunteers make our neighborhood’s views and needs known to government at all levels.
- Founded in 1969, we are one of the largest, most successful, and most active and enduring grass roots volunteer organizations in Santa Clara County.
Why join VEP?
- To receive our newsletter nine times a year, keeping you up-to-date and informed.
- To participate in and support neighborhood activities and representation.
- To contribute to our annual VEP Community Service Awards for area high school graduates.
- To be part of an outstanding community organization with a long record of success for our neighborhoods.